PINK EYE HOME REMEDY.
HOME REMEDIES FOR PINK EYE.
What can you do at home, the relieve the symptoms of pink eye or conjunctivis?
If you do have access to a doctor, then it is important to get the right diagnosis of which kind of pink eye, you have. Pink eye is contagious and proper care should be taken. However, often infective conjunctivitis do not require medical treatment and will often heal by itself in 7-10 days.
Self-care for Pink Eye.
There are a number of ways that you can treat infective conjunctivitis at home. These points should help ease your symptoms:
- Use lubricant eye drops. These can be purchased over-the-counter (OTC) at pharmacies or they may be prescribed for you. Always follow the manufacturer’s instructions.They may help ease any soreness and stickiness in your eyes. Bausch and Lomb Sooth-Xp is one popular example.
- Remove your contact lenses. If you have glasses, wear these instead. Avoid using contact lenses until 24 hours after you have finished a course of treatment, such as antibiotics. If you wear contact lenses, take them out until all the signs and symptoms of the infection have gone.
- Gently clean away sticky substances. When you wake in the morning, you may notice a sticky substance around your eyes. You can clean this away from your eyelids and eyelashes using cotton wool and water.
- Wash your hands regularly. This is particularly important after you have touched your infected eyes and will stop the infection spreading to other people. Pink Eye can be very infectious.
Various alternative, natural home remedies for Pink eye are often suggested by herbalists. Some can be of good use and certainly they won’t hurt. However, it is unknown whether the treatments below are effective or if the body’s own immune system have simply cleared up the infection on its own.
Firstly, there are some effective artificial tears available in the market that will soothe the eye and can help flushing out the toxins and irritants.
Other natural HOME REMEDIES for pink eye:
Add 1 tsp of dried chamomile flowers to 1 cup of pre-boiled water. Steep it for about ten minutes and then strain. Allow it to become cool and use as eyewash. It can also be made into a compress.
Use elderberry blossom tea for washing the eyes with conjunctivitis.
It may reduce the inflammation, redness and pain in the eye.
Honey carries antibacterial properties and it will also soothe the eye promoting healing. One of the greatest home remedies for pink eye is to put 3 tbsp of honey in 2 cups of boiling water, stir to dissolve, allow it becoming cool and then use as eyewash.
Some people suggest using warm milk as eyewash or as a compress.
A turmeric solution, is a home remedy for pink eye used in India. Bring 2 tsp of turmeric powder to one cup of boiled water and use as warm compress.
Also consuming live yogurt culture every day is said to help reducing inflammation.
One of the most popular home remedies for pink eye is Aloe. For example, soak a cloth with Aloe vera juice and then place it on the affected eye.
Pink eye remedy – You can also make a tea using of powdered root bark of barberry in one cup of water. Barberry contains berberine, which is an antibacterial compound.
For information about antibioticsand medications for Pink Eye, see the PINK EYE REMEDIES SECTION.
Search this website for: pink eye natural remedies, allergic conjunctivitis treatment, allergic conjunctivitis symptoms, pink eye prescription, pink eye or allergies,pink eye treatment antibiotics and other pink eye medication.
Pink eye home remedy. Eye drops. Pink eye. Conjunctivitis. Pink eye treatment.Today's Incoming page searches:
- pink eye home remedy
- turmeric for pink eye
- home treatment of pinkeye
- tumeric for pink eye
- HOW TO USE TURMERIC FOR PINK EYE